Please complete one submission form for each artwork you submit to the project (this is especially important for “Art as The Message” participants).
Once you have created your work, scan or photograph all parts. This includes the front, back, envelope for mailing, and all written components. File types and Image Specs listed below.
For mailing guidelines for your postcard/letter/etc please visit the “In Care of the White House” project page.
Please include a message to the President that can be added to your5.5″ x 4.25″ greeting card.
You may submit .jpg or .tiff image files for photographs and digital painting.
Alternately, you may submit .PDF or .EPS files for vector illustration or design.
Images will be printed no larger than 5.5″ x 4.25″ when they are mailed. JPGs or TIFFs submitted at 300ppi will have pixel dimensions of at least 1650 x 1275.
Files must meet format & size to be accepted.
The submission form will allow you to submit up to 5 files for this project.
- Please submit images as .jpg files or .tif files
- Zines and books (and other 3D pieces) should be photographed as the object and all pages submitted as individual files as well.
- Sequential work must include documentation of the individual pages but may be submitted as a .PDF file as well.
- You may submit .PDF or .EPS files for vector illustration or design.
- If you are typing out a letter as part of your submission, you are welcome to submit that as a .docx or .pdf file
- If you need to submit more than 5 images/files, you are welcome to .zip them into a single file or contact me to make other arrangements.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
In Care of The White House documentation images should be sized at 300ppi at 100% of the original size (or larger). For example: if your postcard is 5×7, then please submit a 1500px x 2100px image (5×7 at 300ppi) or larger.
Art As The Message greeting cards will be printed at 5.5″ x 4.25″. JPGs or TIFFs should be submitted at 300ppi must have pixel dimensions of at least 1650 x 1275.
Please make sure that your images (documentation or original images) are of the highest quality (composition, lighting, and blur) – Scans and original files are best, but photographs are acceptable.
If you are photographing the artwork, please try to include as little background (table, etc) as possible. Questions about photographing your artwork? see the FAQ page.
[ For upcoming gallery exhibitions, I would like to have printable quality images for the exhibition. That is why I am asking for such high resolution from the start.]
In Care Of The White House by http://InCareOfTheWhiteHouse.org is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Attribution for images and documentation should be listed under the name of the artist in care of this website.